11.26.2008

thanksgiving tradition

First of all....I need to thank Amy for showing me this video.
Second of all....I need to apologize to Laura for posting this video on my blog.

Amy, who I work and do Young Life and who is my best friend and who is the most beautiful person in Shelby, shared this video with me. Her family dresses up in costumes to celebrate Thanksgiving. They get to chose from either a pilgrim, a turkey or an indian. This video is from 2006, when Laura (Amy's twin sister) dressed up as a turkey. She's singing 'Turkey sat on a barnyard fence'....which is apparently a Thanksgiving Classic (which is yet another blow to my earlier post about how much Thanksgiving is lacking).

This video is definitely something that I'm thankful for this year.






Now, if you weren't already in the mood for Thanksgiving, I bet you are now!!!

Josh and I are going to spend some time with his family for Thanksgiving this year. Josh is the 5th generation born on their family farmland in Hendersonville, NC.....or as I like to call it " The Compound." His aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents were neighbors growing up. How small-town America that?! We celebrate holidays Grandma's house, which is always the hub of activity. I've really come to enjoy the time we spend with Josh's family. I'm not sure if it's the after-lunch walks, jello baseball, shooting guns at coke cans, the farming game (like monopoly, but about farming) or last year's game night....but time with his family is so much fun. I'll be sure to fill you in on all adventures from the next couple of days!

1 comment:

chelsea said...

is the farming monopoly game called "settlers of catan"? cause if so i don't approve! :o)

 
Images by Freepik