10.31.2008

just another day at work

I have an office job. Just your regular run-of-the-mill office job. Its really no big deal, what I do, but at the same time, its sometimes hard to explain what I do. I work at Amaya Glaze Company, INC. We work repairing bathtubs, showers, marble, vinyl, porcelain and stainless steel products that are installed in new homes in Charlotte, NC. The company is named after my boss Dicky Amaya. But instead of trying to explain what I do at work....each week I'll tell you a story about some of the things that happen while I'm at work. Here's this week's episode:

On Tuesday around 2pm I got a knock on the door. This is what I found waiting for me on the other side:

That's my boss Dicky, he's the one on the left. My boss's dog killed this hedgehog and he wanted to show it to me. I'm not sure why he wanted to show me a dead animal. But, whatever. This is so so so so so typical of the random things that happen to me at my "office" (which is really just a renovated detached garage in my boss's backyard).

I hope you have a fabulous Halloween. Tera and Casey are coming over to my house to help me pass out candy because Josh is going fishing in Tennesee for the weekend. Besides having two of my favorite girls over, the only other thing that I'm really looking forward to is the rural church youth group that dresses up as biblical characters, won't take candy, passes out salvation tracks and doesn't really believe me when I say I have a personal relationship with Jesus. Its one of the best laughs that I get all season.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

Baird said...

I love you. And your job. :) It really is awesome.
And these really are funny. So those people that first commented on your blog... were right.

 
Images by Freepik