7.05.2011

tour de france 2011

Ahhh, its (one of) my favorite time of the year: The Tour is on! Yep, its all cycling talk around Casa de Jones these days. We'll read and watch just about anything related to the tour, and boy is there a lot!

Here's a quick breakdown of a few topics Josh and I have been discussing:


Andy Schleck:

I love some Andy Schleck! He, and his brother Frank (also cute, I mean fabulous rider), left SaxoBank to form their own new team: Leopard Trek. He previously rode for team SaxoBank; the only team Andy had even ridden professionally for. So jumping to Leopard Trek was a huge risk...but I think its going to pay off for both the Schleck brothers. Last year, among other awards, Andy won Best Young Rider and finished 2nd overall in the Tour de France. I think this could really be his year. I can't wait to see Andy on top of the podium in Paris!


Tyler Farrar:

Tyler has been with Garmin Cervelo (previously Garmin Chipotle) since 2005. He's had several stage wins in some of the big tours, but never at the TDF--until yesterday! That's right, Farrar, my favorite sprinter, beat Mark Cavendish to the line for a win on Stage 3. I'm sure it had to do with more than just his fabulosity (like an incredible lead out from Thor) but it made me so happy. And, I definitely shed a tear when he crossed the line holding up a big "W" for his best friend Wouter Weylandt of team Leopard Trek(that died at the Giro d'Italia this past May.) I can't wait to see what else Tyler has in store for us!

2 comments:

chelsea said...

I appreciate that your favorite riders are:
a. both really attractive
b. two of my favorite riders
We have such good taste.

Josh said...

i know I'm a dude, but Andy Schleck is attractive in the same way Gumby is attractive. Just sayin'.

 
Images by Freepik