8.03.2009

my cup overflows

"You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows"
-Psalm 23:5b


Elizabeth, Rachel and I went to the Deeper Still conference in Greensboro, NC this past weekend. I'm literally almost in tears just thinking about it.

Sometimes walking with the Lord can feel a little lonely....even when you're in ministry and have awesome Christian friends and an amazing Christ-following husband.

You know what doesn't feel lonely though? Worshipping God with 11,000 women. Its unlike anything that could ever be duplicated. I told Elizabeth, through tears and runny mascara, that I thought this was what heaven would feel like---except that I would know all the words to the songs. And she said, "I agree....and I bet there will even be a few guys there too." And then I laughed. Hard.

I never knew I could learn so much in 24 hours. The conference started at 7pm on Friday night and lasted until 5pm on Saturday night. We were taught by Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore. The cost was $75. Now that I've heard all three women, I can honestly say that I will pay $75 to hear any of them speak again. I really really really encourage y'all to check out the destinations for Deeper Still for the remainder of 2009 and the new locations for 2010. (I'm definitely going in 2010 if anyone wants to join me!)

I feel so encouraged and refreshed. My cup overflows. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for this next year.

make sure you check out the pictures of Priscilla and Beth at the end
this was during their "Sister Act 2" reenactment...yes, they did the rap


1 comment:

robin said...

i wanna go. . . i need more Jesus.

 
Images by Freepik