5.02.2011

craft it: distressed apple crate

I mentioned that I searched and searched for the perfect baskets for Elliot's changing table. I wanted to find something that I could use in another place in the house after we were done using them in Elliot's room. After several trips to TJ Maxx, Ikea and Pottery Barn Outlet I was ready to pull my hair out. I gave up finding the perfect baskets and decided to make my own crates.

I opted for a distressed-apple-crate look after finding these awesome plans. I purchased several $1 pieces of wood, counter-sinking bit for the screws and Briwax stain. Josh helped with using the saw, distressing the wood and staining the wood.


The plans were super easy to follow and customize to your specific needs. I love the finished product!
i must admit that i couldn't have done it without help from casey and josh
the crates are perfect! thank you so much!!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik