3.23.2009

new to the collection

Josh and I went to visit Lauren and Jon in Birmingham, Alabama this past weekend. It was quite the haul for just the weekend, but we had so much fun. I got to borrow Lauren's clothes, have her make me breakfast and open the presents that she brought me back from her trip to New York. It was kind of like college flashback/Christmas.

On Saturday morning Lauren and I took Stella (her chocolate lab puppy) on a walk around the neighborhood. We stumbled upon a couple of yardsales (at least that's the story that I'm telling Josh. In reality, Lauren and I stuffed some singles in our pockets and walked straight to the yardsales.) And then I saw her:

At $20, I knew that I had to have her. I wasn't quite sure if my luggage or Josh would fit in the car on the way home, but I knew this baby was taking up the whole back seat.

I love the details of the carvings on the legs and arms.

I just need to re-tie the springs, add some foam and batting and upholster it. I can't wait to show y'all the finished product!

1 comment:

lacey said...

ooooooooh. i lova lova this.

 
Images by Freepik