3.16.2010

everyone wants to be a princess

Well, if I may say so, Your Majesty, I did try to warn you; but you, Sire, are incurably romantic. No doubt you saw the whole pretty picture in detail. The young prince bowing to the assembly. Suddenly he stops. He looks up. For, lo, there she stands. The girl of his dreams. Who she is or whence she came, he knows not, nor does he care for his heart tells him that here, here is the maid predestined to be his bride.

Chelsea and I went to see the NC Dance Theater's performance of Cinderella on Saturday night. The ballet was beautiful, funny and so much more than I expected! I loved the dancing, costumes and the sweet little girls in the audience (I totally melted when I heard this little voice cry out, "there's the pwince mommy!")

The last performance was this past Sunday, so I know that I'm basically telling you that you really missed out....but I can't help myself----you totally missed out! The younger dancers, several of which we recognized from The Nutcracker, did such a good job! I feel like such a failure for quiting dance class. The Stepmother and two Ugly Stepsisters totally stole the show....their faces and choreography had the entire theater gut-laughing, and how often does that happen at the ballet?!?

How adorable are these little girls?! I love their crowns, tutus and magic wands. They couldn't be any sweeter!!!

And then you have me and Chelsea....we couldn't not dress up when all the accessories were right there in front of us.

I also couldn't resist taking pictures in front of this giant shiny statue. I'm glad that I can talk Chelsea into taking pictures with me!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik