3.24.2010

american honey

life has been too busy; full of good things, but just too busy

josh and i have been running around the past few weeks and its starting to catch up with me. sleep and rest don't seem to be coming very easily and i've got the first signs of a springtime cold. my first thought was about how i needed to get some medicine to make sure that i would be able to get everything done on my 'to do' list for this week. the work and chores were piling up and it gave me a headache to think about falling behind. stopping by the drug store looked like a necessity.

and then i thought: no. medicine isn't want i need. what i need is rest. i need to take a break: i need freedom from activity and work. i need to re-prioritize.

this time of year is beautiful. the crisp of the morning and warmer afternoons. the smell of fresh cut grass and new flowers blooming. frogs croaking and the promise of warmer summer nights. and i'm about to miss it all because of my 'to do' list.

so i pulled in to work today and threw out my list. i'm sorry if i forget to show up at a meeting or return your phone call. you can find me sitting on my back porch sipping some coffee (i'll be happy to share a cup) or out for a run around town (i'm slow, but you can join me if you like.)

you can call it "un-winding" or "un-plugging' i'm not too picky. but, i do love the way hillary lindsey from Lady Antebellum puts it:

Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Tryin' to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey, yea


1 comment:

Connie Rollins said...

Take care of yourself. Abide and rest with Jesus. You are so wise to let the Lord set your daily agenda and to do lists. He will accomplish all thru your love realtionship with Him. Love Mom

 
Images by Freepik