10.03.2011

team amy

Thank you to all of you who supported us financially and in prayer for the Komen race this past weekend.  It was a joy and privilege to be a part of Team Patwa this year, thank you so much for joining with me to fight cancer on behalf of our friend Amy.

This was the second year that I ran for Team Patwa.  Elliot was just the little secret that we were keeping during last year during the run.  I was glad that she got to be a part of the run this year (well, as much a part of it as a baby could be, getting pushed in the stroller and falling asleep!)  I ran the race without my Ipod.  I just spent the time praying for Amy, her family, her second fight against this cancer, her friends and support team, her doctors, those that she comes in contact with and her story of faith.

There are so many things that I want to make sure I teach Elliot.  I want to teach her music and etiquette, running and piano, but I hope I teach her the most important thing: to love Jesus and love others.  I want her to know the assurance of the Lord's presence...that she would abide in His love...that she would experience such an overflowing of His spirit that it would flow into the lives of those around her.  I see those things in Amy and I am different because of it.

So, not to be cheesy or anything, but the race this past weekend is over but Amy's journey continues.  Please continue to pray for her and her sweet family.  If you'd like to support Amy (or her family) in any way, please let me know.  We're always on the lookout for a new way to show the Patwa family some love :)
amy, getting her grove on
so typical, hahaha



it was chilly!  mid-40s during the race, yikes
elliot loved the race!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

so sweet. love reading your blog! - ashley hong

 
Images by Freepik