2.12.2010

valentine's day on the cheap

Josh and I don't have a ton of love for Valentine's Day. I'm not sure if its because we spent so many v-days without each other or if we're refusing to buy into the whole corporate-ness of the holiday.....but whatever the reason, the past nine years (what?!?) we've had pretty chill Valentine's Days. The love is big, but the gifts and hoopla are usually pretty minimal.



This year I decided to get all crafty and make a gift for Josh. I found a great quote that seemed to sum us up, downloaded a free typewriter-ish font and found a used piece of paper at my office. I bought a 4"x5" frame at Salvation Army for $0.15. The final product:

Josh and I do have one tradition for Valentine's Day. Chinese Food. I'm not sure how it happened, but while I was at Clemson we celebrated Valentine's Day eating Chinese food in my living room, out of the carton while sitting on the floor. I'm not sure why we didn't eat at the kitchen table (I can hear my Grandmother yelling at me now) but the tradition has stuck.

Nine years later I'm still loving Josh. And Chinese food. And being cheap.
I guess somethings really are forever.

2 comments:

robin said...

Nothing says love like fried rice. LOVE your sweet gift. 9 years?!?! WHAT?!

Anonymous said...

oooooooh i love this present!!! nothing expensive could beat this :)

 
Images by Freepik