1.27.2011

ushering in spring

I'm longing for spring....for crisp and cheery weather, pale pink ranunculus in vintage vases, white linens with ruffles, Sunday bike rides and a beautiful baby girl. It doesn't matter that its still January, I'm going to start ushering in Spring (even if I have to bring her kicking-and-screaming.)

I'm going to ride in my car with the windows down (and the seat-warmer on), buy a pair or strappy sandals and spray lavender linen-refresher on anything that sits still long enough at my house.

But my favorite way to usher in Spring will be by attending the 4th Annual Runway for the Ballet on February 5th.

Chelsea and I have been working all fall with an amazing team to produce the first (and best, in my opinion) Spring 2011 fashion show to Charlotte, NC. The theme of the evening is "A Mid-winter Night's Dream" and will feature 36 amazing looks from Neiman Marcus and 3 pieces from the North Carolina Dance Theater's Innovative Works. Dean and Deluca is catering the event and I can't wait to taste some of their incredible goodies including: truffle macaroni and cheese; mediterranean chicken, fig and tomato skewers; petite lobster pot pies, five varieties of american-style sushi, pink champagne cupcakes, dark chocolate strawberries. What an incredible way to welcome Spring!

So stop by here and purchase your tickets. I can't wait to see you there, (watch you) sip some champagne and witness one of the most unique fashion shows of the season. Oh the fabulous-ness!
 
Images by Freepik