12.29.2010

things i loved about last week

I had a great time last week. It was the first time that Josh and I have woken up at our house on Christmas morning. Ever. As in, we've been married for six and a half years and always been at someone else's house on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I must say that I quite enjoyed this year. It was so fun to be able to talk about what traditions we wanted for our (growing) family. What will we do? What will we eat? But above all, how will we make sure the day is focused on Jesus?

We woke up and had a delicious and healthy breakfast of coffee and cinnamon rolls. Then we sat together and prayed. We praised the Lord for His goodness, faithfulness, constant provision and mercy. We spoke of His blessing to us with our little girl we're expecting in April. We sat in awe of the gift of His Son, born over 2000 years ago. It was a good and rich time for us.

We did manage to open a few gifts, and it was quite a strange transition from the birth of Christ to tearing open wrapping paper. I'd love to hear how y'all manage this transition!

We packed up the car and headed to the Jones Farm in Hendersonville, NC where we were greeted with this:


I think its my first white Christmas ever!


I hope that y'all enjoyed a break from the everyday routine and were able to really tune into Christmas.

For a child has been born--for us!
the gift of a son--for us!
Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik