12.22.2010

tis the season

Josh and I are both in the land of the living (and walking and working). Its been two weeks since his surgery and I'm not exactly sure where those 14 days went, but I'll do my best to summarize:

Day One post surgery:
I expected Josh to look like this:
Reality was a bit more like this:
oh the restorative powers of a little debbie cake!

Day Six post surgery:
Young Life conference at Windy Gap.
Yes, that was the time with all the snow and ice at camp.
Yes, we managed to navigate it without serious injury (praise the Lord!)

Day 10 post surgery:
I left Josh at home to head to Charlotte to see the Nutcracker with Chelsea and Allie. We go see it every year and it was really good to keep up the tradition. The girls managed to distract me from feeling guilty about leaving Josh at home!

Day 13 post surgery:
We had Josh's first appointment with Dr. Hoenig. After taking a look at Josh's newest xrays and removing stitches, Josh was cleared to walk without crutches and to increase his rehab.
First order of business: head to Charlotte to see Handel's Messiah at the Knight Theater:


So here we are.....six months pregnant, rehabing a torn ACL and focusing on the best time of the year. We are remembering all the Lord has done for us, is doing for us and will do for us. We are extra excited to celebrate Him this year!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik